Thanksgiving was also Owen’s 9 month-day.
At 9 months he:
- Weighs 18.3lbs. He is currently in the 10th percentile for weight. The doctor says this is ok because he is so active now.
- Is 28.5 inches long- 50th percentile
- Head circumference is in the 50th percentile
- eats all of the fruits, all of the veggies, cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese, chicken, turkey, beef, etc. He is such a good little eater- there is nothing we have found that he does not like.
- crawls, pulls up to standing, is starting to cruise around furniture
- really enjoys feeding himself
- is starting to lose interest in nursing- he now gets 1 bottle of formula a day
- gives the absolute best hugs and kisses
- loves when people pay him attention. He will make all kinds of noises until strangers will look at him and smile. He is very social.
Owen is at such a fun and playful age. He is so snuggly still yet very independent.
Yesterday I took Owen to a follow up appointment with the neurologist. I spoke with her about the use of his right hand (he is still not using that thumb as well as he should- and we are starting occupational therapy for it). She sort of rocked my world by saying that Owen most likely had a stroke when he was in-utero. They are scheduling an MRI for him in a few weeks to see if this is the case and how much damage was done. He will have to be sedated for this. I am so thankful we are going to get to the bottom of this- but it breaks my heart as well. Just keep us in your prayers.