…so I made up a recipe for blueberry scones! YUMMY!
I adapted the recipe from a recipe I have for the cheddar biscuits from Red Lobster- YUMMY!
2.5 cups of Bisquick
1/2 stick of butter- cold
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 T. ground cinnamon
1/4 cup blueberries
1. With a fork or pastry knife, combine the butter with the bisquick. There should be tiny little balls of butter left in the mix.
2. Add milk, sugar and cinnamon. Mix on low until just combined. Gently fold in the blueberries.
3. Place semi-rounded biscuit sized mounds on an ungreased cookie sheet. Mine were about 1/4 cup in volume i would guess. You will get 12-15 scones, depending on how large you make it.
4. Bake in an oven that is preheated to 400 degrees from approximately 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
I also added a quick glaze- but they would have been great without it too!
1/4 stick butter, softened
2 oz cream cheese
1 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp lemon extract (optional)
- mix ingredients until a silky icing forms. Drizzle over warm scones.
Try not to eat these all in one day! I sure came close!